- This topic is empty.
- March 19, 2020 at 10:58 pm #2195Mike RiforgiateKeymaster
- Data Node (Recommend 3)
- Streamer Node (Recommend 1 for each transport type: syslog, NetFlow, Splunk, eStreamer, Beats)
- IE/Management Node (Recommend 1)
Verify that each appliance has required resources outlined in the table.
- At least 8GB of RAM on Streamer nodes (12GB ideal)
- At least 12GB of RAM on IE/Management nodes (16GB ideal)
- At least 12GB of RAM on Data nodes (16GB ideal)
- At least 4 CPU Cores (8 Cores ideal)
- Verify by running htop in each appliance
Default log in on each appliance is witfooadmin : F00theN0ise!
- Can be reached via SSH or via Console Interface
Enable NTP sync by either 1) allowing NTP connections to ntp.ubuntu.com on 123/udp or 2) configuring an internal NTP service on each node: https://ubuntu.com/server/docs/network-ntp
Configure the IP address of the appliance by clicking on the Network icon in the Console UI or in accordance with Ubuntu documentation (https://help.ubuntu.com/lts/serverguide/network-configuration.html). Alternatively, use a DHCP lease reservation for assigning the IP address.
Update Ubuntu packages as necessary.
Run ./register script following directions (see: https://vimeo.com/422153063)
- Run on all Node types (Data, Streamer, Management)
Wait 30 minutes for systems to initialize and pull code updates
In the interface go to Admin -> Settings -> General. Configure all settings.
Configure and test email integration at Admin -> Settings -> Email
Send syslog to the IP address of the Streamer node on 514/udp (most common), 514/tcp or 6514/tcp (for SSL or TLS). See https://community.witfoo.com/forums/forum/integrations/ for integration specific guidance.
If sending Winlogbeats or NetFlow, create an additional Streamer for each. Send NetFlow to 2055/udp. Use the following settings for Winlogbeats: https://community.witfoo.com/forums/topic/winlogbeats/
Create additional user accounts at Admin -> Users
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.