- Install 50GB Appliance OVA
- Add new disk (sdb) to the Appliance. Disk can be any size
- Boot and run sudo fdisk /dev/sdb hit n to create a new partition and accept all defaults. Hit w to write to disk.
- Format the new partition buy running mkfs.ext4 /dev/sdb1
- Add mount by running sudo echo ‘/dev/sdb1 /data ext4 defaults 0 0’ >> /etc/fstab
- Reboot by running sudo reboot now
- Verify disk is mounted by running sudo df -h. Ensure /dev/sdb1 is mounted to /data and the appropriate disk size is reflected.
Note: AWS will add new disks as xvdb instead of sdb. Replace as appropriate. See https://help.ubuntu.com/community/InstallingANewHardDrive for detailed guidance on installing drives in Ubuntu.