Welcome › Forums › Appliance and OS › Amazon Web Services (AWS) Install
- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 4 years, 10 months ago by Mike Riforgiate.
- July 9, 2018 at 9:52 pm #1698Mike RiforgiateKeymaster
To install WitFoo Precinct in AWS:
Option 1: To find a shared public AMI using the console
- Open the Amazon EC2 console at https://console.aws.amazon.com/ec2/
- In the navigation pane, choose AMIs.
- In the first filter, choose Public images. To granulate your search, choose the Search bar and use the filter options provided in the menu.
- Search for “WitFoo”
- Verify the Owner is 679593333241 (WitFoo’s account number)
- Select the correct size and hit “Launch” button in AWS
Option 2: Launch From AWS Marketplace
After the appliance is launched and sized correctly refer to the installation checklist: https://community.witfoo.com/forums/topic/witfoo-precinct-deployment-checklist/
– Deploy AMI
– Configure Security group to allow access to 514/udp, 514/tcp and 6514/tls for syslog as appropriate
– Configure Security group to allow access to 5044/tls for Agent data as appropriate
– Configure Security group to allow access to 2055/udp for NetFlow as appropriate
– If Internet access is restricted, the Instance must be able to reach https://library.witfoo.com and https://registry.witfoo.com
– If deploying multi-tier architecture, WitFoo Precinct nodes should be able to communicate with each other over 443/tcp, 6514/tcp, 9042/tcp, 7000/tcp and 7001/tcp.
– Obtain a trial license at https://www.witfoo.com/proveit/
– Log into to new instance via SSH
– Run sudo ./register
– After 5-10 minutes of initialization and updates, the UI can be accessed via HTTPS. Status can be checked by running ./status
– Installation checklist can be found here: https://community.witfoo.com/forums/topic/witfoo-precinct-deployment-checklist/
– Training, forums and support can be found at https://community.witfoo.com
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.